Energy East Pipeline
Part One Summary Now Available on the OEB Energy East Consultation Website click here
The following is from the Community Discussions Part One Summary Executve Summary. (click here for link to 32 page document)
". . . The OEB Energy East Consultation is taking place in two parts. Part One of the process ran from January to May 15th, 2014 and was focused on the Impacts Important to Ontarians. Part Two of the consultation process will take place in the summer and fall of 2014 and focus on the OEB’s Understanding of the Impacts.
This summary provides a synthesis of the perspectives shared by Ontarians during Part One of the OEB Energy East Consultation. Their perspectives on the potential impacts generally fell into the seven key themes below:
1. Impacts on Water and Other Environmental Risks
2. The Importance of Jobs and Other Economic Impacts
3. A Range of Confidence in Pipeline Safety
4. Interest in a New National Energy Strategy and Concern about Climate Change
5. Impacts on Natural Gas Prices and Access to Supply
6. Impacts on Aboriginal Communities
7. Process Concerns"